[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Shining Force :: Forums • View topic - Buying Bitcoins

Shining Force :: Forums

Shining Force Discussion
It is currently Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:16 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 220 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Buying Bitcoins
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:28 am 

Folks, not sure if anyone here's using Bitcoins yet. If you are, however, and want to offload some, I'm purchasing 200 BTC at USD 47/BTC. Ping me if you've got inventory.

P.S. If you're not into it yet, get into it :)

Last edited by doer on Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:23 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Buying Bitcoins
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:20 am 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:21 am 

Lol. Fixed.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:41 am 

So if you're going to match the market price, why not just go on mtgox and buy a couple hundred dollars worth yourself? Near infinite inventory there.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:43 am 

Transferring funds is a pain in the ass with all the various delays. Plus these sites have USD 3-5K caps on accounts. Pass.

After two weeks of daily 10BTC purchases and local transactions, I'm nowhere near my goal. Hence the post.

Now. Do you have BTCs to sell? :)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:00 pm 

I was considering mining them. Then I read stories on mining farms. Then I read what mining bitcoins would do to my electric bill. Then I saw the hardware efficacy rate for various graphics card.

Then I deleted all relevant bitcoin related bookmarks.

I doubt many people have these or would bother speculating in a market that is entirely virtual.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:07 pm 

Oh dude, Feya, this market's set to blow up. You can now purchase Newegg and Amazon merchandise through BTC (indirectly for now). VC investments are going into exchanges and startups. Silk Road (have you heard of it?) is reigning supreme, and is becoming busier by the minute. BTC only stores are popping up at an increasing rate. A couple of big banks are eyeing BTC transactions for their clients. BTC-only gambling sites are reporting $500K+ profits in less than a year. More BTC-enabled gambling sites are popping up. BTC stores are reporting increasing sales. People are buying coffee, pizza and hookah through BTC (I'm guilty when it comes to the hookah ;) ). Etc.

This thing's about to go crazy in the next couple of years. Atleast that's what I'm banking on.

As far as mining these goes; yeah I'd rather stay out of that rat-race. I considered it aswell last year. The high-end GPUs you'll get will give good returns in the beginning, but then a couple of months later the other farmers will get the same or better equipment, and the network's complexity will go up. Then you'll be back to where you started. Tough business, too much competition.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:15 pm 

Wikipedia:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bitcoin#section_1

Bitcoin is the most widely used alternative currency:[11][3] As of March 2013, the monetary base of bitcoin is valued at over 400 million US dollars.[12][13] The large fluctuation in the dollar value of a bitcoin has evoked criticism of bitcoin's economic suitability as a currency.[14]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:25 pm 

Eazy. Title: "George Soros of Bitcoin." I'm chasing it. Join me.

Also, it's a 10.8M BTC x $47 = $507M market now.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:03 pm 

You should have bought yesterday when it crashed. Up 250% this year... Seriously risky betting on currencies, but it has become more widely accepted, and not just in the US, so it might be a worthwile bet.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:53 pm 
Officer

i'd rather waste my money on the crap tables in vegas

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:16 am 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:28 am 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:33 am 

lol

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:25 pm 
Officer

the thing that'll make bitcoin really take off is when Blizzard integrates the currency into WoW, or Project Titan.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:28 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:38 pm 
Officer

nah, what I meant was replace in-game gold with bitcoin currency. You still gotta pay cash for the subscription and cd-key.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:17 pm 

Article: http://www.forbes.com/sites/timothylee/ ... r-bitcoin/

Excerpt: "Given those laws, FinCEN’s guidance is probably the best Bitcoin fans could have hoped for: it sends a clear sign that America’s anti-money laundering regulators do not consider the currency a threat and isn’t going to try to force it to change or shut down."

:D

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:40 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:45 pm 

hahaha

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 220 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next