[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Shining Force :: Forums • View topic - Buying Bitcoins

Shining Force :: Forums

Shining Force Discussion
It is currently Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:17 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 220 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
 Post subject: Re: Buying Bitcoins
PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:53 am 
Officer

Yeah, that's what the boom comment was for, heh. China bans institutions from accepting bitcoins and boom.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:09 am 

Please tell me nobody had their coins at MTGOX. The (once) largest exchange service just went down a couple hours ago after a couple months of shady business and took BTC down 25% in the span of 15 minutes. Currently on their way up, but there are people who have lost literally tens-of-thousands of dollars, and some in the millions. /facepalm.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:18 am 

Thankfully I never got verified to trade on it. Score!

This is bad, bad news for Bitcoin. I'm just hoping this Playboy Plus subscription announcement will provide some comfort...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:37 pm 
Officer

So nefarious. Not majestic.

Doge.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:02 pm 

My schadenfreude is going through the roof.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:18 am 

So a year later, Bitcoin's price has been tanking. Time for the "Told ya so!" 's? I'm still buying in, and have my stuff protected with the new Trezor mobile hardware wallet thanks to some new BIP (protocol improvements). Gone are the days of managing single addresses in complex wallets and having to worry about losing your hard drive or getting them stolen by getting your computer hacked.

This year saw Dell, Microsoft, and Overstock all accepting BTC, and the US gov' selling ~$50MM in coins on auction after seizing them from the Silk Road. I thought it was kinda cool that they distributed all of that money for about $10 in fees total. Localbitcoins has taken off allowing you to buy/sell face-to-face, and there's even a company called LibertyX which lets you buy/sell bitcoin in person to stores who act as agents (none near me though pooh). Buying can be accomplished in less than 10 minutes thanks to Circle and Coinbase now and with the price hovering around ~$300-$350, it's interesting to see whether or not it'll skyrocket back to $1300 or crash to $0. I'm wondering what the next year holds in store, and am just as optimistic as before after seeing this crazy whirlwind of a year.

My best bitcoin investment so far? Those physical bitcoin from Casascius.

Interesting times...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:22 am 
Officer

you get a new job working for Ben Affleck and Vin Deisel on the set of Boiler room? lol

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:25 am 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:30 pm 

$4528 / btc.

Wish I listened in 2013. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:36 pm 

Best time to buy was 2010, second best time is today. It's going to go up to tens of thousands, you still have time to get in, or pick up the baby brother, Bitcoin Cash which is "only" $550 right now and will go up to thousands hopefully by the end of the year.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:00 pm 

Doer buying BTC for $47/BTC as the first post, HAHAHAHhaha, touched $8k earlier this month ($5600 now). Bitcoin Cash up to $1500. There's still time to get in.

My tax bill this year is friggin' KILLER, but can't complain, still livin' the crypto life, but I just sold most of my BTC for BCH (currently sitting on 25%/75% split). What a crazy thread this will be in yet another 5 years.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:42 am 
Officer

This is the thread of regret. Lol.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:59 pm 
Officer

BNET: Zedd#1989
GW2: Zedd.5641

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:13 am 

Should have listened and bought at $4k...lol.

I have some ETH and Litecoin, bought at $300 and $150 respectively.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:57 am 

Still time at $18k on the ride up to $50k... you can buy one ten-millionth of a bitcoin, no reason not to buy something.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:17 am 

Robinhood (no fee stock trading app) now does crypto (also no fee) and they're giving away random free stock for new users too ($2-$200): https://share.robinhood.com/christw3026

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:44 pm 

Guys! The party isn't over by a long shot. $1M high around 2022-2023.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:07 pm 

$6700 is too expensive for btc
$550 is too expensive for bch

commenting for quoting in a year or two ^_^

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:01 am 

I bought a roof antenna, DVR, mounting equipment, and external hard drive for it with bitcoin and dumped Spectrum TV.
I built my deck with bitcoin.
I bought another external HD and samsung evo 960 ssd with bitcoin.

Sold 50% of my coin when it spiked really high (18k/btc) and bought the roof antenna and equipment, and also built my deck.
Held the rest and sold most of the remaining off a few months ago when it was up around 8500/btc for my ext hard drive.
Pretty much out now.
Still using nicehash to mine alt-coins and convert to bitcoin, just not very profitable (~$1/day?)

I'd love to see it climb again.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:32 pm 

Absolute last day to get your free $25 of bitcoin from the founder of Uber and ETrade's new cryptocurrency exchange. if I'd you don't want it, gimmie and I'll give you $20 for it!

https://www.investvoyager.com/?campaign ... e=GETBTC25

We're in a year long slump after the all time high last December 2018... great time to buy btc or bch or really any crypto, they're all hurting hard now. But I'll serious about buying your free $25 of bitcoin for $20 off you don't want it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 220 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11