Metro Last Light

Reviews for gaming here.

Moderator: Officers

Scree

Metro Last Light

Post by Scree » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:43 pm

I've been looking through back catalogs of games on my wishlist on Steam and picked up Metro Last Light this weekend. The games based on a russian-novel and was developed to my knowledge by Russian game developers. It features fairly standard fare for FPS players, with multiple weapon types and basic stealth mechanics. Gameplay was about 18 hours on easy, 20-22 on Normal. I found the game play was very similar to that of Bioshock, though the story places it in a post-apocalyptic world.

Metro Last Light is a sequel to Metro 2033, though you don't necessarily have to play through the first one to get some enjoyment out of the story. Frequent references to the older title are interspersed throughout the game, including characters and some flash-backs from specific moments in history. With that said, playing this game likely would ruin the ending for you of Metro 2033.

The difficulty levels ramp up the AI's ability to detect you in stealth, and their are some awards/achievements you can get for attempting to complete the game with nonlethal intensity. Your actual choices in the game might influence the ending, though I'm doubting that based on how the game ended for me. Still, the games choices are very subtle.

The post apocalyptic world has spawned numerous mutated creatures that I found unique and supportive of the horror-like "feeling" you get walking around in post-nuclear-bombed Moscow. They definitely had me jumping a few times during the game.

All in all it was an enjoyable game for me, though I apparently missed out on the Steam sale that had this game for $20. I don't regret spending the 50 on it. Highly recommend for players who enjoyed games like; Bioshock, Dishonored, etc.

Steam Link: http://store.steampowered.com/app/43160/
-Feya aka Firepatch aka Scree