Rust

Reviews for gaming here.

Moderator: Officers

Disciple
Officer
Officer

Rust

Post by Disciple » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:32 pm

So I tried this, even though I loathe early access alpha releases. Basically it's just like minecraft, except realistic and about 5% of the content. You start out with just a rock pretty much, and are half starved, so you need to basically build a shelter and get some food as a starting point.

Basically here's what I did:

- Joined some random server to learn the ropes, built a house, crafted up the basics and a gun with some bullets. Played a couple hours getting all my stuff, then went to fight some zombies, which went ok, but I died and lost my shit somewhere in the forest.

- Joined another random server, ran into some ruins and by chance found a pickax. Saw a bunch of player made houses with some wooden doors, so decided to try to bust in and see what's there. At that point, I was basically starving and close to death, but with about 50 hp left and my hunger meter totally empty, I finally busted the door down. And loe and behold, inside this tiny little shack was a man sleeping (when you log out, you remain in the game world asleep). I ate all his chicken, then robbed him blind and killed him with his own gun. He had a ton of high end shit like full radiation armor and a shotgun with a ton of ammo and laser sights.

Then I ran around and destroyed noobs for awhile, before a glitch occurred and I just died on the spot. Overall, kind of interesting I guess. Might come back to it later in the development cycle.

blue

Re: Rust

Post by blue » Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:05 am

Disciple wrote:Then I ran around and destroyed noobs for awhile, before a glitch occurred and I just died on the spot. Overall, kind of interesting I guess. Might come back to it later in the development cycle.
AKA you killed the server admin, and he was unhappy. lol

cradex

Post by cradex » Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:51 am

Scree

Post by Scree » Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:38 am

It looked interesting, just not my cup of tea.
-Feya aka Firepatch aka Scree

Scorpion

Post by Scorpion » Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:22 pm

I'm more of a DayZ guy myself, but I've heard some good things about Rust.

Fanfan
Officer
Officer

Post by Fanfan » Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:49 pm

the game is pretty fun. played it over the weekend. one of the biggest problems now is speed hackers, aimbots, flying mods. it's making an already hardcore game even harder. luckily they haven't discovered duping yet and houses with metal doors are still a good deterrent on getting burglarized.